Saturday, August 29, 2009

Dawson's Head Injury


Braxton was such a good brother because it was his birthday but he didn't even complain having to stay at the ER for awhile.




I think Dawson had a Headache

Bridger waiting so patiently at the ER



On January 20th (Braxton's Birthday), Brax had the day off from school. Paul was out of town so we were waiting to celebrate his birthday when he got back. So I let Braxton choose where he wanted to go for lunch, he chose Artic Circle. After that we went to Walmart to get a few things and to let Braxton choose a small toy for his special day. Well my little Dawson has been my biggest handful and he is so hard to take to the store. He is always trying to get out of the cart or stand up. I looked away for one second to grab some oatmeal off of the shelf and Brax yelled, "MOM! DAWSON!!!!" He fell out of the cart right on his head. For those who know me, I am such a paranoid person and that has always been a huge fear of mine because I have heard of children dying from falling out of shopping carts. I picked him up so fast and he cried for less than 15 seconds and then his eyes started rolling back into his head. I was so freaked out I left the cart and made Brax and Bridger run with me to our vehicle. I debated on calling the ambulance but the hospital was pretty close, yet it seemed like I drove forever. I made Braxton sit by him because he kept dozing off so he kept him awake. When we arrived at the ER they got us right in. He had to have a CT scan and it came back okay, which I was relieved yet still very nervous to take him home. I just had to watch for certain signs and I am so glad to say he was okay. It sounds weird saying it now, but I really thought I was losing him. The way he was acting was sooooo scary. Now I am way more careful with him in the shopping cart. If he refuses to sit, I just carry him. I know he is spoiled but I never want that to happen again.

No comments: