Tuesday, September 23, 2008

I am Happy!

I just want to ramble for a moment and say how grateful and blessed I am to have such a great, kind, and hard working husband and such wonderful, beautiful, healthy kids. I am so truly blessed. Sometimes I forget to take a step back and breathe and just enjoy my life right now. The days are full of craziness, driving around taking a kid here and there, and kids making messes after I just got the house clean. Like spilled milk or mushed cheerios in the carpet. And in the evening when it is quiet I try and picture how it will be when my kids are grown and the house is empty. I am saddened by this thought. Time is flying by. I think I will miss the ruckus and the spilled milk, the cries in the night when one has a bad dream and needs a hug and a glass of water. I love the pure innocence of a child. The way they get so excited when they learn something new. I love my hands full. When I was at the store a couple of years ago, (when I only had two kids), a lady stopped to tell me that I had my hands full. It was one of those days when one is running around the store and the other was throwing a tantrum. It made me feel very overwhelmed and the lady knew it in my flushed sweaty face. But then the thought came to me how very blessed I was. I would much rather have my hands full than empty! I am so grateful that I am able to have children and be a mother on this earth. I love that feeling so much! I am also very blessed to be able to stay home with my children to help them learn and to watch them grow. Thank you to my husband for that! Okay sorry it is late and I could just go on and on. I am happy!

8 comments:

H A L to the G C's Ma said...

All I can say is, "AMEN" I totally know how you feel even after a horrible night of trying for 3 hours to get the girls to sleep. Yes, that happened just last night, and after they each got a dose of Dimetap! I'm so glad you posted this, it made me stop and think too. Thanks!

Roylance Rec. Center said...

JoDee... I know you don't know me. I am Paul and Philly's friend from High School, and I came to sit and cry at my computer for all my frustrations and hard crap going on right now. But then I saw the title of your blog and it sucked me in. Thank you for reminding me how truly blessed I am. I have so many things to be grateful for and I needed a reminder. Have a wonderful day, and thanks.
Love Ali

Erin said...

That is a great post! You help us all be better Moms and help us to live in the "now"! Thanks for the message!

Sara said...

What a great post! I needed that reminder. Being a mom gets really hard and I only have 1!! You're a great example to me! Being a mom truly is a blessing and I'm learning so much!

Richmonds said...

Okay, this the second time you are going to get this, but you don't know me. I saw your blog on Ali's blog. We both knew Paul in high school. Anyway, my husband is Vernon and he and Paul work together in LA. One day I'll get to meet you, but you are my inspiration because I'm going to die once we have kids and I have to live with this work schedule. It will be nice to have someone that understands. I look forward to meeting you someday. Misty

Brooke Jesus said...

You're such a good mom! I always think I need to relax and enjoy life too, but it's hard sometimes! You seriously do a WONDERFUL job with your boys. And about that "hands full" comment, I get that ALL the time, and it drives me crazy!

warrensweetsix said...

What a great post! I got teary-eyed reading it. I love having my hands full too! Your a great Mom!

Erin said...

Thank you for being such a great support and my researcher. Even though I never tell ya, I love ya! You are always there for me whether I need it or not. I don't know what I would do without you. You might be my baby mamma, or at least my baby milk mamma! Thanks again for everything! We love you guys.