Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Camping in the Living Room





On a Friday night a few weeks ago Brax and Bridger convinced me to let them sleep in the living room with their tents. So after Dawson went to bed the boys set up camp. They even made me a bed on the couch. We went to bed at about 9:00 (past their bedtime and early for me). At about 9:30 Bridger decided that he didn't want to sleep alone so he got in Braxton's tent with him. That lasted until about 10:00 and then Bridger said he wanted to sleep in his own bed. So now it was just Braxton and I. My phone rang so I went in the other room to talk and then Braxton said he was hot and he needed to go lay in his "real" bed for a few minutes. I thought he would fall asleep but no, when I got off the phone I came out of the room and almost stepped on Braxton. He was asleep in the hallway using his bear as a pillow. Why didn't I take a Picture?! I don't know. I woke him up and asked him where he wanted to sleep. He said "let me work this out. Okay mom, you sleep on the big couch and I will sleep on the little one." At about 3:00am I decided to sleep in my own bed. As I was getting off the couch I looked at Braxton and he was starring at me so I told him what I was doing and asked him if he wanted to stay on the couch or go to his bed. He said he would stay on the couch. About an hour later I hear Braxton crying like he was broken hearted, so I went into the living room to see what was wrong. Sobbing he said, "you left me all alone." He didn't remember me talking to him and long story I took him to his bed and we will not be camping for a long time. It was fun while it lasted though!

No comments: